What Is VPN?
Before taking a look at the Free android vpn for unrooted devices, let’s just talk about The word V P N. so what the heck is a VPN? why do we need VPN ? and what is the use of the VPN? well, my friend VPN stands for a virtual private network that enables us to connect to different servers spread across the world to access the internet for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location which means you can browse the internet anonymously. VPN also provides a secured encrypted path to access the internet anonymously what that means whatever the information that you access or browse through virtual private network can’t be tracked or hacked by anyone.
Disadvantages of using free VPN (Warning)
- Well in order to provide free VPN the companies themselves have to pay for the server and it is quite obvious that why would anyone provides something for free while they themselves are paying for it so it just doesn’t make any sense.
- one of the biggest problems with these free VPN apps that are out there in the google play store or apps store is most of them either have crazy ads or steal your browsing data and sell them to 3rd party companies. according to Itnews most of these free apps which are quite popular on the play store ” will ask permission to access cameras and microphones for recording without user’s knowledge, once they get access to your contacts they will secretly send text messages as well “
Advantage Of Using a VPN!
One of the major advantages of using a VPN is that you can access Region restricted websites. let’s say for example you live in a country where you can’t access American exclusive media sites like Netflix, Pandora, and Hulu well don’t worry you can access them through VPN by connecting to the VPN servers located in the United States.
Best free unlimited VPN for android
Alright I guess most of you guys have understood what the heck is a VPN now let’s get to the apps
1. Proton VPN
it is one of the best minimal app which offers unlimited free VPN access but you will be restricted to browsing via servers in 3 countries only with restricted speed limits but if you want some additional functionality you upgrade to their BASIC – $4/month pack which provides access to servers more than 30 countries and you can connect 2 devices with this plan
- Unlimited Free VPN browsing via servers in 3 countries.
- No crazy annoying Ads
- Affordable upgrade plans BASIC – $4/month
- Free version only provides 3 countries servers
- The VPN browsing speeds are limited for free users
- You only connect 1 device at a time
2. Opera VPN
This is actually a browser but it has got built-in VPN support that you can use it in the incognito mode of this browser.
- Free, unlimited and built-in VPN
- It will not store the log of your browsing activities
- You can not choose your desired location server
- every time you want to browse via VPN you need to get into the private mode and toggle the VPN button
3. Tor Browser Android
Tor browser will encrypt your Internet traffic and then hides it by bouncing through a series of computers around the world which kinda makes your browsing slow. This browser is great for browsing but you can’t use it for streaming because of slow internet speeds
- Free unlimited VPN
- Good for browsing the internet anonymously
- browsing speed will be slow
- can’t do streaming
- no option to choose your desired location servers
4. 188.8.131.52: Faster & Safer Internet VPN
This app is developed by Cloudflare which is pretty popular for their DNS service. This VPN app offers good speeds considering its free. It is a great free VPN app that offers good privacy by masking your browsing data from your ISP.
- Dead simple to use
- Fastest free VPN speeds
- Affordable upgrade plans $4.99/mo
- Your data is not encrypted
- You can’t bypass geo-restrictions
5. Windscribe VPN
This app is pretty simple and easy to use and available on various other platforms like iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC, or as a browser add-on for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Network whitelisting – auto-enable/disable the VPN when you get home, or join any other wifi network.
- It will not store the log of your browsing activities
- Split Tunneling allows you to choose which apps should go over the VPN tunnel.
- Access to the servers of only 10 countries.
- You only get 10GB of data per month for FREE
Also, Check out ➨ Best Call Blocker Apps For Android
so these are some of the best free unlimited VPN for android users, we hope you found some of the useful apps you need
Frequently Asked Questions
Is VPN legal?
Ans: Yes using the VPN is legal but there are some countries where VPN is banned like for example China, Russia, Iraq, and North Korea.
Is it illegal to watch Netflix with a VPN?
Ans: No it’s not illegal, you can stream Netflix with your desired VPN service
Can VPNs be traced?
Ans: Most of the popular VPN companies will not keep any log of your data but stay away from some shady Chinese free VPN apps which can sell your data to third-party companies.
Can WIFI block VPN?
Ans: Yes, some private WIFI connections can block the VPN and They only allow TCP and port 80 & 443, so make sure you use these ports to bypass the restriction.
Can Google track me if I use a VPN?
Ans: Yes it can, especially if you have logged in with the google account and searching from that account, instead you can use other search engines like DuckduckGo
Can my Internet provider see my VPN?
Ans: No, they can’t see your browsing data, but they know that you are using a VPN.
Can I leave my VPN on all the time?
Ans: There is no point in leaving the VPN on all the time.
Does VPN hide history from router?
Ans: Yes ! it can hide the history of your browsing activity, but your router can keep a log of the information that is being sent and received from a particular encrypted server, so don’t worry internet activity will be private
Does a VPN hide what you download?
Ans: Yes, VPN will basically create a secured encrypted layer between you and your ISP or any other source that is trying to track your online activity, so obviously it will your downloading data.
Leave a Reply