It’s no secret that social media influencers and celebrities have prevalence when it comes to getting verified on Instagram. But what about the rest of us? Is there any hope for a regular folk when it comes to being verified and how long does it take to get verified on Instagram?
The short answer is: Yes
The longer answer is a little more complicated. Here’s what you need to know about getting verified on Instagram.
What qualifies you to be verified on Instagram?
Apart from the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service of Instagram, there are several other factors that your account must comply with:
- The account must be genuine and authentic, representing a real person, organization, or brand.
- Every account needs to be unique with respect to a person or business it denotes, with language-specific account exceptions.
- The account must be public and complete in that it has a bio, profile picture, and at least one post.
- There should be no ‘add me’ link in your profile connecting any further social media service.
- The account must belong to a notable person, entity, or brand that is highly searched for and has featured in multiple news sources.
How long does it take to get verified on Instagram
Unfortunately, there’s no clear answer. Some users have reported being approved within a few weeks, while others have waited months or even years.
If you’re patient, the best thing you can do is keep using Instagram as you normally would and hope for the best. In the meantime, make sure your profile is complete and engaging, as this may increase your chances of being verified.
How can I get my Instagram verified easily?
The verification defines that the person in question is a real and authentic figure. Instagram has a clear process for the verification and it is up to them to decide who qualifies.
To get verified you first have to apply and based done the steps you are required to complete :
- Log in to the account you want to be verified.
- Go to the top right corner and tap on the menu icon.
- Go to Settings > Account > Request Verification
- Enter your name and provide a photo ID which could be your Passport, Driver’s License, or any other government-issued ID card.
After Placing Your Request
After you are done applying for the verification badge, Instagram will review your request and will send you a notification to know if the account has been verified or not.
If your request is denied, you need not feel disappointed, as you can send a new request after 30 days. If your account is verified then you are good to go and this account has a verification now of being the official one representing you or your brand.
Can I lose my Instagram verification badge
Keep in mind that once your account gets verified you cannot sell or advertise or transfer your verified badge.
This is against Instagram’s policies and doing this can make Instagram remove the verification at any time, along with disabling your account as well. Also, you cannot use your account profile picture, bio, or name section to promote other services.
Any false information provided by you during the verification request that misleads Instagram will also lead to the removal of the badge and deletion of the account.